Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wedding Centerpieces – Spotlighting Tablescapes Across the Web

Centerpieces are what make every table complete. From elaborate sit-down dinner galas to the cozy meal for two at home, centerpieces have the important role of supporting the mood for a delightful meal. The centerpiece accessorizes a table and is a statement of the hosts taste and style which can include anything from food to flowers as the focal point. In contrast, the containers themselves can be the sole focal point of your table setting. 

I love to have a centerpiece on my table while eating meals with the family (if room permits) and as a decorative, every day piece. I favor candles, sculpted vases, and holiday themed items like my snowman cookie jar that my mother-in-law got me. Having fun while showing of my home decorating style is what I want my guests to see (if and when my little one’s allow it).

For weddings and special occasions, centerpieces can be very grand in size or minimal, depending on the overall mood you’d want to set. Here are some of my favorites that I've spotted across the web. Click on the images to be taken directly to the source for more information.


Are you a whimsical couple? Consider floating centerpieces with ceiling décor paired with simple paper lanterns! I love these DIY pom poms by Martha Stewart

http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to
 
How about a minimalist with a bold statement on color? Make it Pop!

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/affordable-wedding-centerpieces#slide_3



Vintage country? I love their use of tins and cans for centerpieces! Swoon!

http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/photo/307769
Raquel Reis - Photography  | Website: raquelreis.com
 
Rustic? Oooh, I love LOVE this wedding also featured on Style Me Pretty





 Chantel Marie Photography – Photography | Website: chantelmarie.com


Modern & Technical?

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/modern-wedding-centerpieces
 
I can go on, and on, and on if you let me. With so many styles and endless combinations, your creative juices can flow an abundance of unique ideas to make your wedding reception decor totally you. 

Which style will you favor for your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like These Articles...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...