Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

Stylish Weddings & Things Interviews: SDezigns' - Yvette Sencion

Today is FabuFind Friday again and today's featured wedding professional is someone whose talent is not only remarkable but inspiring as well. You'll see some of her exquisite invitation and stationery designs through out this article that I absolutely love and I know you'll love them too.




Stylish Weddings & Things: Tell us a little bit about yourself


Yvette: I have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and a Master’s degree in Graphics Communications Technology Management from Kean University.  Prior to launching the business full time, I used to work at Kean University as a Data Analyst and coordinator of events.  During my college years I was a leader.  I went through many executive positions, including President of the Association of Latin American Students (ALAS), Treasurer of the Graduate Student Government Association amongst other.  I also held executive positions in the professional field, Treasurer and then Vice-President and one of the signing founders of the Association of College Bound Programs of NJ. 


I love movies, series and shows that are mysterious and thrilling and comedies.  Love Broadway shows.  Love Cirque du Soleil shows. I love all types of music.  I love planning and traveling to places that are exotic and with lots of marine life and sun.  Love dancing.  Love clothes.  Love desserts, especially with chocolate! I have a loving husband, an adorable son, a doggie and 6 birdies.  J  They are the light of my life! 

Stylish Weddings & Things: How long have you been in business?

Yvette: SDezigns opened its doors for business design in 2004 and for weddings and celebrations in 2006

Stylish Weddings & Things: What does your work involve?
Yvette: I design gorgeous custom invitations and event stationery for weddings and celebrations as well as plan and coordinate events, specializing in weddings.


Stylish Weddings & Things:
 Your invitations are beautiful, what led you to this line of work?

Yvette: I’ve always had a love for computers and people.  Strange because it’s usually either or.  During a career evaluation I was told that in the computers field I would not get to interact with many people but I stuck with it.  As the years passed during my time at the university, I got the opportunity to plan and execute lots of events, retreats and conferences as well as design and computer work.  One of the departments saw what I could do and offered me a side job to design and maintain their website…I needed to have a registered business in order to accept the job and so SDezigns, LLC was born.

I was a full time student; I kept my full time job and the business as a part time.  After I got married and after many requests to design for weddings, I realized that this is something I truly LOVED!  I started to offer invitations from the standard books that are out there and realized that there was a need for more options, more custom designs and more flexibility.  So I started to design my own line.  Now I was truly in love with what I was doing and the response I got from my clients.  SDezigns Weddings and SDezigns Celebrations were born and have been growing ever since!

Stylish Weddings & Things: Where do you get your inspiration from?

Yvette: I love everything beautiful and I find beauty in everything!  However, my clients are my inspiration.  Meeting with them and talking about colors and themes and ideas just gets me going non-stop and get me super excited to bring their vision to life.

Stylish Weddings & Things: Who are your favorite clients to work with?

Yvette: I love clients who are open minded and open to new ideas.

 Stylish Weddings & Things: What would you say makes you unique among your colleagues?

Yvette: When it comes to stationery design, mine are very colorful and graphic intense… they are very personal and unique to each of my bride’s style and vision.  This is why our invitations are always named after the bride who inspired them.  When it comes to wedding planning and coordinating, I always make them feel like family, it’s a very personal experience and very relaxed, never stiff.  I think this is why my brides enjoy the ride with SDezigns.

 Stylish Weddings & Things: What is a typical day at work like for you?

Yvette: Our work day starts at 11am or noon but it doesn’t finish until very late at night when everyone else sleep.  There are breaks in between of course, for family time, but my inspiration and creative juices flow at night.

 Stylish Weddings & Things: What advice do you have for those who'd want to do what you do?

Yvette: My advice is to just take the plunge. If you find something you love, embrace it and go with it.  Be unique, get inspired with other people’s work and see what’s out there, but never copy.

Stylish Weddings & Things: What tips do you have for our couples reading about you today?

Yvette: Plan with time!  No rushed order or wedding execution will ever be the same as one planned with care and time.  Also, little details are never forgotten, so make sure you include those in your wedding plans and make them personal.

Stylish Weddings & Things: What does the future hold for SDezigns? Any exciting plans or developments?

Yvette: We have big dreams for our company and we hope they come true soon, but we’ll keep those tucked away in our dream box until the time is right to share.  In the mean time we are taking little steps to get there.  We have a new line coming out, Opulence Ink, and we are excited to launch it soon.

Here are some of the beautiful and luxurious invitations created by Yvette. Contact information can be found below.






For More Information and to Schedule a Consultation
Contact Yvette at:

SDezigns, LLC
(home of SDezigns Weddings & SDezigns Celebrations)
Toms River, NJ

Phone
908-764-4407

Email
weddings@sdezigns.net

Website
www.sdezigns.net/weddings

Facebook
www.facebook.com/sdezigns.weddings
www.facebook.com/sdezigns.celebrations

Twitter
@SDezigns


I hope you've enjoyed reading this article. If you need personal, professional assistance with planning your wedding, feel free to contact me at info@stylishweddingsandthings.com. Don't forget to join our email list to keep up to date on the happenings with Stylish Weddings & Things and to receive a free wedding report to help you with your wedding planning.

A Stylish Wedding Awaits you!

 Your Friend and Wedding Planner,
Sherries
**********************************************************************
If you want to use this article for your blog or other publication, please include the following statement to each article (unaltered) you re-post:

Sherries Pritchard CEO & President is the founding member of Stylish Weddings & Things, LLC as well as the Executive Planner and main writer to the & More Things Blog. With a specialty in planning weddings with below average wedding budgets, she strives to provide helpful and inspirational content that is current, relevant, and budget friendly. Stylish Weddings & Things is a boutique wedding planning and management company based in Pompton Lakes, NJ, serving the NJ tri-state area. For questions, please visit www.stylishweddingsandthings.com or contact Sherries Pritchard at info@stylishweddingsandthings.com or (862)248-2555.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like These Articles...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...