Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

3 Tips on Effectively Using Wedding Planning Checklists and Timelines


I am such a control freak when it comes to managing my time. I have to have everything I do planned before I engage in any activities. For example, my husband jokes with me about how I even have to plan my shower preparations everyday: Get my towel, wash cloth, slippers, and leave in bathroom. Locate my toiletries and put where I can reach them, Lay out clothes and accessories, prepare hair appliances, check temp in bathroom, etc. I have to have all of these things ready before I turn the water on and step in. These are checklists I’ve committed to memory. I’m sure you also have a task list that you’ve committed to memory based on the fact you’ve done it so often, it’s a natural course of action for you; maybe not. If not, it’s a good idea to start using to do lists to improve the quality of your life.

So what about the events leading up to your wedding?

Chances are this is your very first wedding. I’m sure you’ve gone to and perhaps even planned events before, committing to memory some of the important steps involved in the initial processes of it such as setting a date, finding a place, and feeding your guests. But when it comes to your wedding, there are more steps involved and having a comprehensive checklist of tasks on hand will help you remember what you’ll need to do and when.

You can find many timelines available on most popular wedding websites. Here are a few tips on using them effectively:
  • Don't spread yourself thin; avoid assigning more than one time consuming task in a day
  • Eliminate tasks that are not relevant to your wedding - No need to know when to buy a Chuppah if you're having a Catholic Ceremony
  • Integrate your timeline to your email and SMS (Short Message Service) on your cell phone to send you reminders for tasks due

Stylish Weddings & Things offers you peace of mind with services to assist you in creating your planning checklists and wedding day timelines through our comprehensive online wedding planner and/or wedding planning tools kit. We’ll set up your checklist, schedule your reminders for you, and help you each step of the way if you need it. 

Always plan a head and leave no stone uncovered when it comes to your wedding or special occasion. I hope you've enjoyed reading this article. If you need personal, professional assistance with planning your wedding, feel free to contact me at info@stylishweddingsandthings.com or contactus for a complimentary telephone/web consultation. Don't forget to join our email list to keep up to date on the happenings with Stylish Weddings & Things.

A Stylish Wedding Awaits you!

Your Friend and Wedding Planner,
Sherries

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like These Articles...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...